SoccerClub.com

Players, Coaches, Referees, Administrators and Their Parents

has anyone any sessions or thoughts on coaching under 8's in attacking the ball instead of back off in a defending situation?

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I have the goalie and Mid fielder( depending on which zone the ball is in) make the verbal calls to control who will attack(pinch) the ball while directing the other players to play man to man that way it limits who the person with the ball can dump it to. This is not hard for u8s to learn but does require constant coaching from the start so it becomes natural and automatic otherwise they revert back the lets all attack bunch up type of play...Hope it somewhat helps.
J.Dixon
thanks mate sounds spot on, i do have trouble with a few players just wanting to chase the ball all over the pitch.
you dont happen to have a session plan to go with it do you?
regards phil
Shadow drills are really good for under 8s and 9s try getting a forward to dribble in zig zag pattern and get a defender to shadow with a constant 1mtr gape
Shadow drills are really good for under 8s and 9s try getting a forward to dribble in zig zag pattern and get a defender to shadow with a constant 1mtr gape
Hi, this is a soccer coaching drill to use when you're coaching youngsters in basic attacking skills. It's taken from http://www.bettersoccercoaching.com which has a lot of soccer coaching games, drills and general tips for coaches. The info is free to download.

Soccer drill to coach attacking and counter attacking skills
In this soccer (football) drill you can load the attack or defence so your players can practise basic attacking and counter attacking football skills. This soccer drill can be used for all ages.

Set up strikers' drill

Mark a zone, 30 x 40m, in one half of the pitch.

Use a full-size pitch for U10s and above, small pitch for the younger ages.

You need to run a lot of different combinations in this soccer (football) drill.
How to run the drill

In the diagram you are playing three attackers versus five defenders in the marked zone.

You need to change the combinations depending on age or how good your attackers are.

Using the strikers' drill with 3v5 is an advanced situation - if you are just starting out you may want to play 2v2 or even two attackers versus one defender to give your attackers a good chance to pass and score.

The coach passes the ball into the goalkeeper, then the defenders, then the attackers.

When you pass to the goalkeeper, he picks the ball up and must distribute to the defenders who are under pressure from the attackers.

The defenders must advance out of the area - the attackers must win or keep the ball and create a goal-scoring opportunity.

What to look out for in this soccer drill

You are looking for quick, attacking soccer passing from your three attackers and counter-attacking from the five defenders. In this soccer drill the five defenders should be winning the ball and moving into a counter-attacking situation.
AM TUNDE ADEGBITE FROM NIGERIA AM 18 YEARS OLD AM A ATTACKING
MIDFIELDER/STRIKER PLAY IN YOUTH SPORT FEDERATION OF NIGERIA (YSFON)
IN NIKE PREMIER CUP IN SOUTH AFRICA AND IN GERMANY IN 2001. I LIVE IN
NIGERIA PRESENTLY . I HAVE PARTICIPATED IN MANY COMPOSITION IN NIGERIA
AND ABROAD. I WILL LOVED TO PLAY IN YOUR YOUTH AND TO JOIN THE CLUB .
THANK FOR REPLY IF U ARE ASKING FOR MY CV & MY PIX PL Z LET ME KNOW .
THANk

RSS

Special Offers

Twitter Updates

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tim McGuinness.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

-